If you have experienced an attempt, below are some resources to help your process of healing
- The Suicide Aareness Voices of Education (save.org) website contains a list of things to do after an attempt.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention website includes a section with information about 'Immediately after an attempt', 'How did I get here?', 'Interacting with family and friends', Things you can do to support your recovery' and a 'Safety plan'.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website has information on how you can help yourself.
- The Suicidology.com website has a link to a book titled 'A Journey Toward Health & Hope' which states that it is a handbook for recovery after a suicide attempt.
- The Live Through This website contains personal stories of recovery and hope from suicide attempt survivors.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website has a lifeline that offers support 24/7 at (800) 273-8255.
- The Connections website has an online program where suicide attempt survivors can speak with other suicide attempt survivors.
- The 7 cups website connects you to caring listeners for free emotional support.